Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Yarn Along - Just Plugging Along


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things on her Yarn Along. This is where we share what yarn-y goodness we are up to along with discussing what we are reading. I'm afraid my posts here lately have been a bit of a repeat, but I am really trying to get more done on the projects I already have going before giving in to a new project. It's been a struggle, let me tell you. I already have 2-3 ideas in mind for what I want to cast on next. One is a small crochet project, so that would probably be okay to go ahead and start, right????

For this week I did manage to stick with what I have been working on for a while now....
Reading: No, this does not mean that I finished Rent Collector by Camron Wright. I am almost done with it. I don't know why it is taking me so much time to finish it. I guess it just isn't gripping enough to make me want to see what happens. I think it has more to do with the voice of the narrator than the story itself. But after I force myself to finish it I have 'To Die For' by Ralph Fiennes all lined up. It's a short story and a thriller. I hope the change of pace will get me back to 'reading'. 

Knitting: Still working on Tidal Sands Cowl from Anne Hanson. I am about 1/3 of the way done with this and you can really see the pattern in it now. I even have the 12 line repeat just about memorized at this point which makes it go a bit faster.

Crochet: And still working on the lap blanket. I'm also about 1/3 of the way done on this one. I was at 13 inches last week and just measured it this morning and am now at 22 inches. So it's coming along pretty quickly. It is taking SOOOO MUCH YARN though. I think I have 2 skeins left and every time I sit down to work on it I am going through a whole skein. Thinking it's time to get more yarn for it:) 

Question: My oldest cousin (she is 5 years younger than I am) just had her first baby and I am wanting to make something for them, but not sure what yet. I had bought a pattern to crochet an elephant as an elephant painting was the only decoration that I knew they had for her room - and her colors are pink, gray and turquoise so that seemed fitting. But I found out just about everyone picked up on the elephant theme - which wasn't the intended theme, she really wanted all kinds of animals - so, now I'm thinking that might not be the best idea. I'm guessing that an aunt made a blanket, so I don't want to do that either. Any ideas? A cute hat, another animal? Just not sure here, but I need to get it started soon. 

Anyway, I promise I'll at least have something new to show off for next week along with these two projects:) Off to see what everyone else has been up to. :) 

5 comments:

  1. That's kind of a bummer about the elephant. I would make the little one a sweater. That's something that can be worn for quite a while yet and I'm sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making good progress on your knitting and crocheting projects. Good for you! I would say either a sweater or hat or even another animal. Not much help, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't have too many teddies, and who says they have to be yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knit/crochet blankets are so in need right now - it's quiet chilly in the house! As for a pattern recommendation, I fell in love with a knit whale from Yarn Birdy - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lasse-the-little-blue-whale. Looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your projects, great progress. Many another animal might be the way to go especially if they said that they wanted lots of animals not just elephants.

    ReplyDelete