Friday, January 13, 2017

A FINISH IT Friday

I used to have a section on my old blog that was titled FINISH IT Friday where I showed off my 'FINISHED' finishes. That means that not only had I finished the stitching, but I had also sewn it into something useful:) I have piles of stitching projects that are all stitched up...
I have many, many more than just these!! :) 
but I've never done anything with them and now they sit in a cabinet where no one can see them. I plan to remedy that problem by choosing one Friday a month to work on FINISHES!!!

Last week I took my sewing machine in to get some TLC and fix the bobbin winder. My machine is a Bernina 830 Record, I am guessing a late 1970's model, though I haven't done much research on it. It was my husband's grandmother's machine that was given to me when she passed away. She was a seamstress and sewed lots and lots so she bought many gadgets for the machine...
And look at these variegated threads on wooden spools!!
Okay, the point of this post wasn't my sewing machine, but my finished pieces. What I was trying to get at was that I didn't have my machine available to me until yesterday, so I'm going to focus on a couple of projects I can sew up by hand. I started earlier today by cutting these out and getting the interfacing ironed on...
But then I needed to go to town and get a few things before the supposed "ICE STORM" gets here:) Hopefully it won't be as bad as they are predicting because I really don't want to lose power!! We are prepared for if we do, but it's never fun. So the rest of my evening will consist of watching a movie with my hubby and sewing these pretties up:) I will give an update later this weekend, or Monday depending on if we have internet when this is all over.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I look forward to seeing your upcoming finishes. Both of the stockings are darling. Enjoy your weekend and here's hoping the ice storm stays away.

    ReplyDelete