Monday, January 9, 2017

Stitching Fun

I almost always have multiple projects going at once, and right now is no exception. Not only do I have a couple knitting and a crochet projects going but I have a couple stitching projects going on as well. Here is what I've been working on..
Kitten Mitten - This is a current freebie that can be found on Cross Eye'd Cricket's site. Super cute and easy pattern!! And since I stitched it on 18 ct Aida fabric with DMC floss, it gives my aging tired eyes a break!! :) I'm hoping to do several of these and trying to finish them as mitten ornaments for my Christmas tree. My plan is to finish them into the shape of a mitten.
Tis The Season bag (on the right) - This one is by Blackbird Designs and was the last of 2016's Prim Ladies Society club kits. I'm really into project bags right now and couldn't wait to start this one!! The design has an alphabet and 'Merry Christmas/Happy New Year' on the back of the bag. I haven't decided if I'm going to stitch that or come up with another saying for the back yet. Love playing around with a design!! :)

On the left is 'Promise Of Spring' by Silver Creek Samplers. This was my January 1st start from last year and I still really love it, so I thought I'd pull it out and see if I can't get it done before Spring this year:) And the message couldn't be more perfect right now. We aren't in the middle of the winter mess that is going on in some parts of the country, but we did get a bit of snow this week...
And I am SOOO ready for spring. On the plus side, the cold does make for some good stitching/knitting weather:)

What are you stitching on right now? Any New Year goals/challenges/SALs that you are working on?

2 comments:

  1. Your mitten is adorable, Shannon. Nice start on the BBD piece! I really like the winter piece by Silver Creek. Are you stitching it on the called for fabric? We picked up about 2" on Saturday of the white stuff. It is pretty, but has turned very icy. I am working on smalls at the moment. My friend and I are going to be doing an ornament SAL (the third weekend of every month) this year. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic progress on your pieces. The kitten mitten finish is so cute. I'm really hoping to get Elegance of the Orient finished this year and also make some progress on a HAED WIP.

    ReplyDelete