Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekend Stitching

I really caught the stitching bug this past weekend!! I just almost got a finish to show for it, but not quite, darn 4-H meeting got in the way:)

Actually, the total progress I have to show is a bit more than just from this weekend, but the progress from 'Promise of Spring' is mostly just from the last 4 days or so.
I am just about ready to start on the boarder section for 'Tis the Season' sewing bag from BBD and then I'll have to decide what to do about what will be the back side of the bag. The design has an alphabet with 'Merry Christmas and Happy New Year' at the end. I'm thinking I want this to be a reminder of my 'word for this year' which is 'Simplify' and maybe a quote using that word, but I haven't picked anything out yet.

I'm hoping to have 'Promise of Spring' from Silver Creek Samplers done by the end of the week and maybe frame it. This should be pretty easy to do as all I have left is the snow, a date stitched into the snow and a bit more greenery, but this is going to be a busy week too, so we shall see.

3 comments:

  1. Great progress, Shannon! I love the snow piece. Still dreaming of a good snowstorm here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stitching on both. Best of luck with the finish.

    ReplyDelete