Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Full and Fun

I didn't get to finishing 'Promise of Spring' into a framed picture yet. Last week was even busier than I thought it was going to be. My daughter and I had 3 (!!!) 4-H events - a 4-H Sunday/meeting, a Jr. Leaders meeting, and the county-wide 4-H Carnival event. Lots of errands, dd's first class of the semester and dd had 3 days of work. We went to the city (bigger town an hour away) to get taxes done and a second trip to sign on them. And finally, on Sunday Hubby and I went to Cirque du Soleil!! That was an amazing show. I've never been to see anything like that and was really impressed by the production. Hubby got free tickets through his work and we sat up in the box seats so we really got a birds eye view of the stage...
The whole stage was covered in tarps/fabric that they moved back and forth and projected scenes onto - very much like the opening ceremony of the Olympics. It could be dizzying if you were trying to walk and look at the stage at the same time...
Blurry picture, but you can see how dramatically the stage changed and most of this was projected. 
Hubby wasn't as impressed with the show, but this isn't really his thing anyway. He was happy that we got out together and had fun:)

I did get 'Promise of Spring' stitched and decided that since I got a WIP finished that I should start working on another WIP. So I looked through my pile and decided to work on Spring Snapperland from Bent Creek...
Hmm, this picture is blurry too. I'll try to get a better picture next time. I had the last two blocks done and most of what is done on the first already. I only worked on the house and roof since picking it up this time. So one more block after the one I'm working on and then the boarder. It should be a pretty quick project to finish up.

Tomorrow I will post my knitting updates:)

No comments:

Post a Comment