Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Craft On - A New Start

Linking up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams and her Crafting On blog hop.

After finishing my Tidal Sands Cowl last week, I went back and forth on whether I should start a new project or pull out an old one. Of course starting a new one won out!!

I went through and found the softest yarn I had and lo and behold, it was already packed away with the pattern I bought it to go with!!
I'm working on Cloud Wrap from Helen at Curious Handmade, knit with Knit Pick's Alpaca Cloud lace weight in colorway 'Anna'. This yarn is so very soft made from 100% baby alpaca. So far the wrap is a triangle of stockinette stitch with garter stitch edging, but I'm getting ready to start adding the star stitch.
I also played around with the sock I was making. If you remember I made one using THIS pattern. On the second sock I decided to make a couple changes. First I wanted the leg part longer, and I also added a few stitches to make it wider. Everything was going well until I got to the heel turn and I couldn't figure out how to make the extra stitches work. After quite a lot of time trying to figure things out, I tried on the first sock I made, decided that I still wanted the leg section longer but I really didn't need it to be bigger around, so I took it all apart and started over, again. I am happy with the change and excited to get this one done so I can make a matching sock and MAYBE actually have my first pair of knitted socks by the time the weather changes!?!? HAHAHA

Now I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to this week:)

1 comment:

  1. The cloud wrap is looking nice so far, I am knitting with Patons Kroy sock yarn too and love it. Good luck with your socks they are looking nice so far

    ReplyDelete