Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Craft On - 1,2...3??

Linking with Nicole from Frontier Dreams

I didn't get around to posting last week. Daughter got her wisdom teeth out on Monday (all 5 of them!!!), and then I had a 4-H event on Tuesday afternoon into late evening. Most of the rest of the week was nice and quiet and I have gotten quite a bit of knitting done!!!

First off, here is where I am on the second sock...
Yes, I said SECOND, although it arguably could be called the third sock. RECAP: I originally made a sock using THIS pattern, but thought it too short on the leg, so I left it as is and made another sock, but made it longer. (And if I'm being totally honest here, I got about half way on that one twice before finally finishing it). And now I'm working on the match for what will be my first knitted pair of socks!!!
My daughter tried on the very first sock I made - the shorter one- and decided it was the perfect length to wear with her skates. 'Perfect!!!', you would say, 'just go and get one more ball of yarn and then you'd have another pair!!'  Well that would be perfect except for two things. My local Hobby Lobby no longer sells that colorway. That's not too big of a deal though, maybe they have it in the next town over, or I could probably order it if needed. The clincher? She hates pink!?!? So I took a picture of the yarn available at Hobby Lobby and this is what she chose...
Yes, of all the pretty colors she wanted black and white. Well, it does go with her white skates anyway. Now I am ready to start a new pair as soon as I finish the last sock, and truth-be-told, I probably would have already cast on except I only have one set of size 2 dpns. :)
I've also been working on my Cloud Wrap. This really is going to be the lightest/softest wrap ever. I'm loving working with this baby alpaca lace yarn!! It's going to be slow going from here on out as I'm just about to the widest part of it. It is going to be a bit smaller than the design as I'm using size 4 needles instead of size 5. I wanted the lace to be a bit tighter than it would have been. Super excited to see this one finished!!!

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll have a finished pair of socks by next week to show off!!

3 comments:

  1. You have made good progress on your shawl and your sock. I really like the color of your shawl. Enjoy your week, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are ace. Love your little house and surrounding area. How great to be woken up by cows, alot better than traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete