Saturday, February 25, 2017

Finish It Friday

Posting on a Saturday:)

I spent a little time with the sewing machine yesterday. I think I'm starting to not hate sewing on a machine quite as much as I use to:) I was hoping that spending some time here and there would lead to being more confident and familiar with it, and it seems to be working. I still much prefer stitching in hand though.

I worked a bit on finishing up some stitching projects. First off was finishing off a mitten I just stitched up last month...
This is 'Kitten Mitten' by Cross Eyed Cricket and is a freebie on their website right now. I stitched it on 18 ct Aida which made it an itty bitty mitten and sort of a pain to sew up into a mitten (also the stiffness of the Aida didn't help either). But after a couple attempts to get the thumb part right (ish), I think it turned out very cute!!

I also finished up a stitching project that I did years ago...
This is Summer House Pincushion by Black Bird Designs. It can be found in their Honeysuckle Manor book. I changed the colors from the original, but honestly, it's been so long since I stitched this that I don't remember what I used. I really love how this turned out. 

I'm really excited to be making something out of my stitching projects and hope I will continue on with this. I have already pulled out what I hope to finish off in the next week or two:) 

2 comments:

  1. Super finished finishes, Shannon! The mitten is a cutie and I like your color changes in the BBD pincushion. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete