Monday, February 6, 2017

Finish It Friday...

on a Monday. I had chosen a frame last week that I thought I could make work. It was a little too blue, but I thought with a bit of sanding it would look pretty good, and if not I'd paint it white...
The linen that I used has some blue-ish tints to it, but it is more on the gray side and it made the frame look bright blue instead of dusty/cloudy blue. So I tried to paint it, but it was kind of a plastic-y frame and even with sanding and cleaning off the dust, the paint just wouldn't stick right. It made it gloppy. So I bought a different frame for it and got it framed up today...
Promise of Spring by Silver Creek Samplers
 I'm loving how it turned out. Hubby will install the hardware to hang it, but it is all FINISHED otherwise:) Hopefully I'll have another project or to FINISHED this Friday to show off as well!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern, and that white frame was really the right choice for it, makes that blue linen look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete