Thursday, February 8, 2018

Yarn Along

Linking with Ginny at Small Things with her Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams with her Craft-On.

I am not getting super far on my knitting/crocheting lately and I totally blame my stitching projects!! :) I've been having a hard time deciding on where I want to go with the knitting this year. I learned to make socks last year and even started a cardigan and those where two things I really wanted to learn. I still need to learn the cardigan and it's been so long since I've worked on it that I think I'm going to need to rip it out and start again because I can't remember what changes I made to the pattern that will need to be repeated for the front of it.

I think the problem with the cardigan is that I'm not sold on the pattern. I'm afraid it's going to be too tight fitting when what I really want is loose and snuggly. I need to make a decision on that:)

But I did work on my Hermione sock which I'm loving!!!
Love the texture with this sock!! And I did get a crocheted pot holder done...
This is Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and this ball had more yardage than the last I used so I was able to make it bigger which I really like. This one is about 9in x 9in and is a perfect size for me.

I also read The Practice House by Laura McNeal. I usually listen to books as I have a hard time reading and knitting at the same time :) but I did read this one. I think I liked it, I got through it so I guess I liked it. It was partially set in Kansas during the dust bowl, and as I live in rural Kansas, and know of the places that was mentioned, I could connect. But I just kept rooting for everyone to do what they should have done instead of what they did do and I found that I just didn't like most of the characters, even though I really wanted to like them. Anyway, it was okay, well written and interesting characters even if I wanted them to make different decisions:)

Okay, back to knitting... As I've been trying to find what I will knit next I ended up buying a MKAL pattern for a wrap/scarf and then had to decide on yarn - this is what trips me up more times than not. I had a color scheme in mind - because of some yarn that I have but that is totally the wrong weight. I can't find what I want in the right weight so then I started looking for patterns that would work for the yarn I have... but I'm having hard time finding something I think will work for the colors that I have!! HAHA. Anyway I decided to go back to a WIP that I put away a while back...
I put this away because I wasn't happy with the way my 'Star' stitches were turning out. So today I played with it, did the stitch a couple different ways and got to a point that I'm happy with the stitch. I did decide to rip the whole thing back so I can make them all they same, but I think I'll be able to move forward on this now. And while looking through my WIPs to find this one, I ended up finding about 3 other things that I want to work on!! I guess I just needed to get excited about one of them to get my knitting mojo back:)

I'm off to see what others have been working on!! Happy knitting/crafting!!

3 comments:

  1. What fun projects you shared along with your thoughts to get your knitting mojo jumpstarted! I look forward to seeing your progress on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are looking great! Love the colors.The wrap is really nice too, I like the texture and the gray. When I go on Ravelry, I always end up finding so many things I want to knit!

    ReplyDelete