Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April's New Projects!!!

It's a new month, so it's time for new projects!! Here is what I plan to work on..

Stitching...
This is Handprint on My Heart from Heartstring Samplery and is the first project in this year's Prim Stitcher's Society club. I love this chart, but will have to wait a week or so to start it as I want to order another skein of the Cherry Cobbler thread. The chart calls for stitching this 1 over 2 and I don't like how that looks, so I will wait so I can stitch it 2 over 2.

Knitting and Crocheting...
I am going to do a couple things with both knitting and crochet that I've never done before. I love a challenge and learning new things:) First I'm going to knit some lace curtains. Our shower is in what we call our back room. It was an addition at some point to the house. It basically is our laundry room, but since it was added onto the back of the house, our kitchen window (above the sink) looks back into it. Right to where we take a shower. It wasn't such an issue when dd was smaller and couldn't see over the sink, but now she is taller than me, so I think it's past time to put up a small curtain in that window. I've never knitted lace and I've never knitted or crocheted with crochet thread. You can sort of see the pattern in the picture and that it is pretty see-through. The pattern calls for #10 crochet thread on size 6 needles and I'm going to use #3 crochet thread on either size 3 or size 5 needles and see if I can't make it a bit less lacy. I'm working on swatches right now to see which size needles I will use.

The crochet is new too. I saw a crochet bag that I really liked on Pinterest. I found the pattern and it is crochet with jute twine. Well, I have some twine, though I really don't know if it's jute or not, and I played around with it, but I didn't like how it was turning out. So I tried playing with the pattern using nylon string #18 and I really liked how it looked. This will make for a nice pool bag as well since it won't hurt the nylon to get wet. The handles of this project is the only part that I'm a little worried about being difficult, but I'll get to that when I do:)

Sewing...
This isn't a new project, but I really want to finish my Gail Pan bag that I started months and months ago. I can't wait to be able to use this bag, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to finish up the sewing!! SEW.. this one is going on my goals list for the month as well!!

Now to get busy getting some of these projects started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment