Saturday, February 21, 2015

Friday Night Sew In - February 2015

http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com.au/

Friday Night Sew-In is hosted by Wendy of Sugar Lane Quilts. For me this sew-along means a push to get the sewing machine out and actually sew something, since I would normally rather just stitch or be playing with yarn. But when all I do is stitch this is what I end up with...
 and...
 and...
SEW many pretty stitchy things, but none of them finished into anything that can be shown off!! Almost all of these were stitched by me, though a few were a gift or and exchange piece. And this is only about 2/3 of what I have!!! Since I've really fallen off the quilting bandwagon (as in if I NEVER quilt again, I'll be okay with that) and I am trying to tell myself that is okay, because I don't enjoy machine sewing and I do enough other handwork, I don't need to be a quilter too:) But I do want to show off some of my stitching, so I'm going to use FNSI to do a bit of finish work each month, and by the looks of things, that should keep me busy for some time:)

This month I finished off 4 pieces, and sadly none of them were in the above photos, so I haven't actually put a dent in the pile!! :) 
These are all pretty recently stitching projects. This is the third time I've done the bird stocking (from BBD), but this time it's for ME!! The other stocking is by Plum Street Samplers that I stitched in December and I just showed off Grateful Hearts from 4 My Boys on Valentine's Day. Frosty is part of Snowflake Serenade from CCN that was given to me as part of an exchange. I'm actually stitching the whole Snowflake Serenade right now too:)

Next month I'll start to put a dent in that pile, but I'm happy with my progress here too. Now I have a good head start on my Christmas ornies too!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an incredible amount of finishes!! And so much finishing to be done! Good for you for getting to it and your finish finishes are lovely!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love Frosty !
    Beautiful stitchery !
    Best wishes
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete