Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Finish and a New Start

and another new start, and possibly another??? Oh, and a WIP as well:)

And this post is just about stitching, you should see how many yarn creations I have going as well!!

During most of the early part of this year, my creative mojo was just non-existent. Especially with stitching. I think I only picked up stitching a time or two in the first 4 months or so of the year. I have, however remedied that a bit since then.

I started out working on....
This is 'She Feeds Them Well' from The Scarlett House and I'm stitching this one for my mother-in-law. She LOVES birds (and flowers) and I think the verse on this is just perfect for her. If you can't make out the verse, it says..."They come to feast, And she feeds them well, Who loves it more, It's hard to tell.'  I've already showed it to her as it is stitched on 40ct, and some of that is over 1. I did not want to put the work into this if it wasn't something she was interested in:)

I worked mostly on this for about a month, just long enough to make it look like the birds are carrying the poor woman's head off;) Maybe I can just leave it like this and call it a Halloween chart? Not sure m-i-l would like it so much then, ha!!

Then I decided to join in on an exchange with a stitching group I'm in. I haven't participated in one for a while, so it was a lot of fun. Here is what I stitched...
This is Signs of Summer from Bent Creek. It was a fun, quick project and it turned out so cute, so I decided that I wanted to stitch another one for myself. Plus I really like the Autumn and Winter charts as well (not so much the Spring one though) so I might go ahead and stitch the whole series of them. But here is my problem...
I stitched the exchange project on a random piece of fabric (or possibly what the chart called for even, but I don't remember), so I just picked out another random piece of fabric (the darker one) and started stitching. And while I like how the colors are popping on it, it doesn't look very summer-y. So I put that away and found a lighter color of fabric and started stitching, but the colors are already getting lost. Today I pulled out all the fabric in my stash that I thought would be close and the one I like best is actually what the chart calls for (WHY DID I NOT LOOK AT THAT FIRST?!?!?). Next step, to decide how much I really like this chart, and if I will live with one of the two that I started or start again.. I'll let you know how that goes:)

Time to get off here and tackle the dishes, and the laundry, and, and, and... Or, I might just knit a little first;)

3 comments:

  1. I like the darker of the two that you have started for summer project. If you have a light blue in your fabric stash you might want to try that. The one you stitched for the exchange is lovely. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are beautiful projects! The summer one is so sweet, and I love the 'She Feeds them well" bird one in progress, your mother in law is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete