Monday, December 7, 2015

Winter Came Crashing Down

My last post talked of how I was holding on to the Autumn season with everything I had. I'm thinking that Mother Nature must have heard me wrong and decided that what I really wanted was Winter to come as fast as possible because within a couple days that is just what happened. Not a nice, calm, beautiful snowstorm, but ice and freezing rain. And it lasted for 3 days:/ Thankfully we never did lose power, thought I don't know how, but it was a blessing as our pellet heater runs on electricity. Here are a few pictures from the storm...

This was a solid sheet of ice and you can see a few branches as they stated crashing down.

This is when it was almost over and it looks like this on all sides of the house. The sound was awful, but thankfully none that hit the house were very big and we had no damage.

I am happy to report that warmer weather is coming back, at least for the time being. I know I can't fight off winter for much longer:)

3 comments:

  1. Winter can be beautiful with snow, but ice storms not so much! They are dangerous and can do so much damage.I certainly home things will thaw out for you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of yet here in eastern NC, we have been so fortunate with beautiful, unseasonably warm weather. Sleeping on the deck nearly every night and we walked the beach after a nice lunch a few days ago. I'm so glad I ran across your blog. What lovely work you do, and I have always admired moms that home school. Stay safe and warm, and "feel the colors". I believe that if you love colors, you can feel them. Stop in sometime. I'm now your newest follower. I'm over at Love'N My Stitches on blog spot. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should prevent ourselves from the bad outcomes of the storms! Snow is good but I am fed up with all these winter accidents! Take care,
    Kim.

    ReplyDelete