Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Yarn Along

I'm joining in on this week's Yarn Along hosted by Ginny from Small Things. For this KAL we post what knitting projects we are working on as well as what books we are currently reading. Here is an over-view picture of what I've been up to this week...
The white curtain is blinding in this picture!!! 
Reading: I went to the library to find something, anything, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and found The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes. I have to say I've not been disappointed at all in this book. I expected her to be funny and I can't tell you how many weird looks I've gotten from my daughter while I am laughing out loud as I read this book. Then I have to read that part to her too:) I'm only a few chapters into this, but I expect it to be a very quick read.

Then I was also in the mood for something a little deeper and darker so I looked up Salem Witch Trails, and found Deliverance From Evil. (*note to say that I have a bit of a fascination with this topic. Not of witches but of what would cause a whole town to lose their ever-loving minds and allow something like this to happen. But I guess that could be said of a lot of craziness out in this world as well:). This book goes between the Salem Village and the story there, most of which I'm skimming through since it's almost word for word what I've read elsewhere - though there are some interesting possibilities of the parents/town leaders getting the girls to keep this going, and a town in Maine with a whole other group of people that I'm not sure yet how it ties into this story yet. We will see how this one goes:)
Knitting: I'm getting so excited as I have two projects that are just days away from being completed. Well, the shawl is, and HALF of the curtains are, I will still need to knit the other half, but it still feels like two projects almost done!! In last week's update I told you that I had a mistake in both projects and that I could either fix them and continue on or just start a new project:) Well, I'm happy to say that I was a good girl, got them both fixed and now am really close to having them finished. The link to the free curtain pattern is HERE and the link to Dockside by Alicia Plummer is HERE.

Now I just need to finish these and not get sidetracked by the yummy squishy yarn I bought this week!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck resisting the temptation of the new yarn. Well done for sticking with these & giving those mistakes. Your knitting looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete