Monday, February 5, 2018

Shopping Trip

I mentioned last week that I was really excited to be going to my local needlework shop with my sister-in-law and a friend. I don't get to the LNS very often because even though it is the most 'local' needlework shop to me, it is still over an hour away. I usually only go during Christmas break, around my birthday and maybe one or two more time during the year. I was also excited because a design I had be waiting on was finally in!! I knew we would be tight on time as our friend needed to get back to pick up kids, so I spent part of Thursday going through my stash to see what I had and what I might be able to substitute if need be.

I pulled threads that I already had...

And I even made notes from what others had substituted and what I thought would match up well...
I'm really glad I made these notes because the LNS was out of many of the floss colors that we needed - they were waiting on a shipment. So this helped not only me but my sister-in-law and our friend too.

In the end I was able to kit up and get a small start on LHN's Farmhouse Christmas...


And With Thy Needle and Thread's 'O Tannenbaum. 

 I have actually gotten a bit more done on this one today, I just can't put it down!!

It was a really fun shopping trip and after our friend picked up her son, we got back together and had lunch - I even got to play with her baby for a bit!! :) Hoping we can do this again at some point, it's nice to have a girls day out.

Well, I'm off to do a little housework before hubby gets home and sees that all I really got done today was stitching:) Oops!!

3 comments:

  1. Both are off to good starts, Shannon! I look forward to seeing your progress on both stitches. It sounded like a good outing with your SIL and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, I really like the sleigh and it makes me excited for Christmas this year already. I should have a project for Christmas on the go too! These will both be so nice to have done for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to combine friendship with a wonderful new project.

    ReplyDelete