Monday, April 3, 2017

Sidetracked

I was doing so good, plugging along on stitching a piece for my mother-in-law's birthday, when I got side swept into buying a new project!!!

See I had been working on this piece...
'May WordPlay' by Brenda Gervias
And coming along nicely on it too. It's a fun and pretty quick stitch;)

But then I was scrolling through blogs and came across SubRosa's blog. I have admired her designs for a while now, but had resisted buying any as of yet. However she had the cutest carrot bag design as a freebie to her costumers...
photo from SubRosa's blog
All you had to do was browse around her Etsy shop, purchase a design and you'd get this free design with it. WELL... It was a 'free' design, how could I resist? I ended up purchasing 2 of her designs and have several more that I want to get in the future.

I knew that if I started on this one I'd never get 'May WordPlay' done in time for my mother-in-law's birthday - which is this Wednesday if you were wondering, but I just couldn't help starting on it!!!
I've managed to put it down, and hope I can get my mil's gift done really quick so I can get back to this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment