Thursday, February 16, 2017

Stitching Progress and New Starts

I've been trying to post this all week, but our internet has been horrible lately. It's 6:00 in the morning, and it's finally working well enough to upload the pictures. We don't have many options for internet where we are, but that's just part of living so far outside of town. I'd rather live out here than live in town and have good internet, so I guess I'll live:)

Here is my progress on 'Spring Snapperland' from Bent Creek...
I finished the first block in the row and got the last one started. It won't be long and I'll be working on the boarder of this one. Which reminds me, I need to get the boarder for it. I had a on-line shop send it to me (it's free, but must be requested from a needle work shop), but they printed it super tiny and I can't see it very well. I'll have to go to my LNS to get a better copy, that's where I bought the charts anyway, but forgot to get the boarder for it while I was there. That's okay though, it'll give me an excuse to look around a little;)
I started a new mitten ornament from Cross Eyed Cricket a couple days ago. This one is called Nordic Reindeer and can be found in booklet # 166. It was originally stitched on black, but I don't have any black fabric right now, so I'm hoping this scrap of mystery fabric will work. So far I'm thinking it will. These stitch up quickly, so I'm hoping to have it finished soon.
And I kitted up the 'May Word Play' pattern by Brenda Gervais. I'm making this one for my mother-in-law who requested that I stitch up something she can hang for each season. I'm going to take the word 'MAY' out of this and replace it with 'SPRING'. The April one has 'Spring' in it, but it is also heavily Easter themed and I'm trying to choose ones that represent the seasons rather than holidays and my MIL is very much into flower gardening (she got her Master Gardener's license last Autumn:), so I think this will suit her better. Hoping to have this one ready for her birthday in early April.

That is all for now, maybe I'll have a finish or two when I update next time!! 

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, you have made great progress on our Spring Snapperland. I like the mitten on your mystery linen. Off to see if I have that one. I think the May Word Play will make a good spring piece for your MIL. I look forward to seeing it come to life with your needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete