Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Yarn Along

I'm joining in on this week's Yarn Along hosted by Ginny from Small Things. For this KAL we post what knitting/crocheting projects we are working on as well as what books we are currently reading. Here is an over-view picture of what I've been up to this week...
Reading: Well, there is no book in the picture because I haven't been reading:( Hoping to get back to that real soon.

Knitting/Crocheting: But you can see that I've made up for the time not reading by playing with some yummy yarn:)
Knitted a few more rows on the Tidal Sands from Anne Hanson. I just joined in on a Ravelry KAL hosted by The Sampler Girl that is about knitting all the cowls and hats, so this project and my next project fit in perfectly...
This is a super simple slouch hat and my first hat to be knitted in the round. While the yarn isn't the softest in the world, I love how it is knitting up all striped like this and I love the blue/gray/brown colorway. This one will be for me!! Since I joined up with this KAL, umm yesterday (which doesn't officially start until Thursday), I have found a few more cowl and hat projects I want to do for myself as well. We will see just how many sets of needles I can fill up!! :)
I've been working on some crocheting as well. My daughter did like the In Bloom Beret that I made her (photo HERE), but not so much the color. She had picked out that yarn AND was told that she probably wouldn't like it once it was done, but I made it anyway. That's okay, it gave me a chance to practice this pattern and this one will be a surprise as I haven't shown her the yarn yet. This will be a Christmas gift to her.
A while back I was crocheting what was to become a bag, in this yarn, with the same pattern, but decided that it was too heavy for a bag. So I ripped it all out, bought a bunch more of the yarn and am now making it into a lap blanket for the living room. My husband has been after me to make an afghan for years now. He has fond memories of the one that his parents always had in their living room. If you even fell asleep on their couch, you'd wake up with it draped over you:) Hoping to have this done by the end of the year, but we will see!!!

I did get the first set of needles I was waiting on so I could start on my hat, I had hoped that I had what I needed to start on another hat for dd. It's a simple hat that has cat ears. She is going to love it!! But I need a size 8 needle on a 16 inch circular, and so I had to order some more needles (another hat I want to do for myself would also require needles that I don't have, so I ordered those too.) Wish we had a yarn shop close so I could shop for those things locally. Anyway, all this should keep me busy for a while:)

Off to see what others have been up too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment