Monday, November 21, 2016

FNSI - A Bit Late

I joined in on Friday night, for the Friday Night Sew In, hosted by Wendy over at Sugarlane Designs. Our internet out here in the country is iffy at best, and I haven't been able to get on to blog about my progress this weekend, but it looks like it's working now!! Thank goodness we can get mobile coverage out here so I can still get on the internet on my phone:)

Last month I finished a bag I had been working on for over a year and this month I decided that I wanted to work on a couple smaller project bags for my knitting/crocheting projects. I started off with some fabric and got it all cut up, I even coffee dyed some of the fabric to match better...
I wanted some grey and white fabric as a liner for the red bird fabric, so I 'HAD' to go into town to pick some up!! :) I got the exterior pieces sewn together that will make up a couple zipper pouch bags, but that's as far as I got with those.
I still had the panel that I messed up on with the last bag I had made, so I cut it in half, loosely following directions from two different bags and made a small drawstring bag out of it...
I even crocheted some DMC thread to match the green for the drawstring. The bag is pretty small, but already has a knitted hat project I'm working on in it and I think it'll work well for other small projects like socks - when I finally learn to knit them!! :)

That was about all the sewing I could take for one day, so I called it an evening. Hope to get the other two bags done for next month's FNSI!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment