Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Autumn Update and a Recipe!!

We've had a rather warm Autumn so far here. A couple days have been in the 60's and I think we got into the 30's one night, but yesterday we tied a heat record at 90 degrees with a few places in Western Kansas hitting just over 100 degrees!! We are back in the 70's today with no indication that we are going to get hot again, thank goodness:)

I've been working a bit here and there to get at least a few things done on my Autumn Bucket list.
I have...
-finished knitting the curtains (they are not blocked or sewn together yet, picture will be up tomorrow)
-started on knitting dd a hat (picture tomorrow)
-working on stitching Bittersweet Lane from Blackbird Designs
-bought one book and borrowed another on knitting socks (yet to actually start on these)
-Went to a hay rack ride/hot dog roast with our homeschool 'Elevate' group (my daughter is the one standing all in black, looking at me:) This was a lot of fun!!
-bought an Autumn candle and have used about half of it now. It's 'Fall Festival' from Langley Home, I got it at Dillons/Kroger/Gerber
-Have switched out the cleaning out closets for cleaning out and rearranging a few of the kitchen cabinets that needed it really bad.
-And of course, I have found a few pumpkin/fall treats to enjoy, including these...
I made the pumpkin tea latte with Pumpkin Spice black tea from the Republic of Tea, Natural Bliss Pumpkin Spice flavor creamer from Coffee Mate and a bit of whipped topping (optional, but yummy:). I've had this quite a few times!! And I finally have a finished recipe for these muffins.

Cranberry/Apple Oatmeal Muffins

6 oz plain Greek yogurt
1/2 c. water (more or less)
2 c. ground oats (I ground mine from old fashioned oats)
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. milk
1/3 c. honey
1 c. chopped apple (1/2 to 1/4 inch chunks, I left the peal on)
3/4 c. dried cranberries

Mix the yogurt with the ground oats adding water until it's formed into a thick paste. Let sit in fridge over night.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place oat paste in a mixing bowl and add baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, eggs, milk and honey. Mix until all clumps are gone. I used a wooden spoon, but I'm sure you could use a mixer once you get it started. It takes a bit of work to get the clumps out. Add fruit and stir.

Pour 1/3 c. of batter in well greased muffin tin. I used muffin liners and still greased the liners. They will stick like glue if you don't:)

Bake in 350 degree oven for approx 20 min.

These are dense muffins as they are made from oatmeal, but they have a nice texture and aren't overly sweet.

This is the first time I've played with a recipe to this degree so if you try them out, let me know what you think!! Any suggestions are welcome:)

Well, I have a few more weeks before I have surgery to have my thyroid removed so I'm going to try and get several more things done on my list before then, and hope for a quick recovery (the dr said it would be quick!!), so I have time to finish up as much as I can:)

No comments:

Post a Comment