Saturday, December 17, 2016

FNSI - December

Last night was Friday Night Sew In hosted by Wendy over at Sugarlane Designs. I had big plans for this month. And I am happy with what I did get done, but it had nothing to do with the plans that I had :) I had planned on finishing up the zipper bags I started last month and sewing up a couple ornaments that I need to get done for Christmas. Instead I dug through my fabric stash and found some cute fabric...
The fabric wanted to become a project bag!! This bag is about 13x11 inch and is bigger than the drawstring bag I made last month. It's just about perfect for a shawl sized project. This is actually the second one of these I made in the last two days. You see, I started my sewing on Thursday because I knew Friday was going to be a bit busy. But I used heavyweight interfacing and that made it too stiff to be able to close with the drawstring:( Never fear, I had plenty of fabric. So while I was in town on Friday I bought some medium weight interfacing and used that. It is a little stiff, but it closes and I think with some use it will loosen up. I like the durability that using the interfacing gives the bag. I already have my Project Peace cowl sitting pretty in it:) 
AND while I was at the store getting interfacing I found some more pretty fabrics that think they'd like to become project bags as well. We will see next month what I get around to!!
Heading off to see what everyone else working on last night (and then straight to finishing up the Christmas gifts - I promise!!!).

3 comments:

  1. Good job! Progress is progress, right? How's that Christmas decor JOY coming along? Looking forward to seeing how that turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love the fabrics you used for the project bag ..nice ones also were purchased to make more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project bag is lovely - nice that you can put it to use straight away. Good luck with fitting in some more sewing!

    ReplyDelete